Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 In a Nutshell






























This is my first post so let's see how it goes!  The year 2010 has been a VERY busy one for the Brazelton household.  Blake took a job with Pioneer Natural Resources in Midland in September of 2010, we sold our house in Frisco in October, moved to Midland, I started a new job as a contract speech-language pathologist throughout the Midland-Odessa area, began building a house, moved in with Blake's parents while waiting for our house to be built, and most importantly....found out we were PREGNANT, if the pictures above didn't give it away already!!  Needless to say 2011 is going to be an exciting year for us.

I found out I was pregnant on November 23 and have been smiling ear-to-ear ever since.  Blake and I were living in a hotel for 30 days when we first moved to Midland.  I took a pregnancy test on November 22 and thought maybe I saw a second pink line, but of course the next 3 were negative.  So, I didn't mention it to Blake knowing he would need some black and white confirmation before he would get excited.  The next morning I took seven, yes seven, more tests which were all positive.  I even managed to get a blood test that day before telling Blake to confirm the pregnancy just in case he needed more proof!  We enjoyed sharing our exciting news with all of our families over the holidays.  My pregnancy symptoms so far: headaches, extreme hunger, frequent bathroom trips, and fatigue.  Although I am enjoying working home health right now, having to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes and fatigue make things a little difficult.  I'm pretty sure I have visited every gas station in Midland and Odessa, and in fact, last week took a nap at a 7-11.  I feel very fortunate my symptoms have been mild so far (knock on wood).  Here are some pics from when I told Blake:





The pictures are from my I-phone and are not the best quality.  My camera is in storage somewhere in Dallas (have I mentioned I am ready to move in to my house?), so these pictures will have to do until I get my new camera for my birthday in a couple of weeks (hint, hint family and Blake).  Speaking of my house, here is a picture of it being built.  We are so thankful Blake's parents are letting us stay with them until it is completed.  It should be ready in February. 

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Kasey! I will add you as a blogger buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kasey and Blake! Kristin told me how to read your blog last night. I'll enjoy it as much as I do her's I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete